How to stick to a Business travel diet
Traveling can be one of the biggest obstacles when trying losing weight. I am not talking about tropical awesome vacations with a pina colada on the beach. I am talking to those who travel for business on a weekly basis. Unfortunately, you have to make some planning and you have to put in a little extra effort in order to stay on track. I know it sucks, but you want the weight loss you have to work for it and traveling is no exception.
- You have to plan, PLAN, PLAN : If you know the city you are going to look ahead for some restaurants that have healthy, weight loss food. Research is a big help that way you already know what you are going to order when you get there. If you are with clients, be the first to order. This will leave out any peer pressure to order something bad when everyone else does as well.
- Hotel research: Be sure to pick a hotel with amenities, like a workout room, fridge and microwave in the room. These will make all the difference when you are trying to stay on track. Call ahead to you hotel to make sure you get a room with a fridge and microwave.
- Visit area grocery stores: Stores like whole foods have a lot of great selections that you can bring back to your room with you and put in the microwave for dinner.
- Pack extras: Yeah its a pain in the ass to have to pack snacks, but you are on weight loss mode. Get used to it. You will thank me when you fit in 2 sizes down. Snacks like almonds or protein bars are good to fit in your purse if you know you are going to have a 5 hour travel window without any access to healthful food.
- Airports: so you have a 3 hour layover, what now?? fear not, skip the sbarro and head to a cafe or stand where you can get some healthful options. Opt for salad with protein on it and light dressing. Airport shops almost always have almonds, nuts and protein bar options. I know it can be fun to eat crap food when traveling, but you know what is more fun? Looking great in a bikini and feeling confident again.
- Fit in a workout : Not an option, just do it even if it is going to a walk for 30 mins, you just want to keep your body in the habit of working out. Or better yet find a fun gym or class to go to, when you switch things up you get extra motivated. I always recommend using Daily burn. It’s a streaming online workout service that you can use anywhere, they have over 600 workouts like Blackfire with Bob harper, pilates, yoga, dancing and my favorite Inferno. If you sign up here, you can get 30 days free to check it out, and then head over to join my free weight loss community where I share my secrets to weight loss.
Like I said it can be fun to eat whatever you want and relax on the workouts a little bit when you travel. When you are on a weight loss plan, you absolutely have to figure out a way to stay on track.
Sign Up below to get my restaurant cheat sheet. Over 100 entrees you can eat at popular restaurants!
Author: Monica Perry
I’m a metabolic magician, nutrition nerd, exercise expert, and motivation master. I help women get fit quickly with the most food and least exercise.
♥ Holistic Nutritionist
♥ Sports Nutrition Specialist
♥ Personal Trainer
♥ Health and Weight Loss Coach
♥ Behavior Modification Specialist
I’m always researching, looking for loopholes that make losing fat easy… because I believe life is hard enough and getting fit shouldn’t be, ya feel me?
Check out all my diet plans for you 🙂 www.notanotherdietmethod.com/shop
Join my free group