You jump on the scale and nothing. You were losing so much weight and now the scale isn’t budging. What the heck is going on! Here are some things to think about before you go into a pizza and ice cream binge.
- “Calorie creep” – Are you adding in any sauces? Are you drinking any extra caloric liquids? Did you start adding sugar in your coffee again? There are a million and two things you can add in your diet that you think will be OK, but at the end of the day the calories can add up. Think back on when you were losing weight, are you really following the diet exactly or did you start adding in extras? If not, then its time to get back on it.
- Estrogen- oh ladies our best friend 🙂 Estrogen is produced in the ovaries, adrenal glands and fat tissues. When we lose a bunch of fat we are left with A LOT of left over estrogen. And out bodies just need some time to catch up. During this time it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to see the scale budge. Fret not, if you are still sticking to the diet and exercise consider this as an option. Don’t fall off the diet wagon just yet, give your body time to produce the appropriate amount of estrogen for your new sexy body. How will you know if you have too much estrogen? are you having acne flair ups? Is you skin oily? Are you bloated, tired or getting more headaches? You may have too much estrogen. Also, alcohol produces excess estrogen, something to think about.
- Speaking of alcohol, I love my wine 🙂 In order for me to see the results i wanted after having a baby, I cut it out! When your body is in fat burning mode, it releases acetate for your body’s energy system (burning fat). When you drink alcohol, it also converts into acetate. So when you are in fat burning mode and you drink alcohol, you will stop burning fat immediately because your body senses acetate is already released in your body for energy systems. Why waste a good diet? Get the body you want THEN pick up that glass of wine after all your hard work.
- Stress- ahhhh yes. When doesn’t life get in the way of a diet? The stress hormone cortisol triggers the fight-or-flight response, which is an appetite stimulant,” Dr. Pamela Smith says, Author of Why You Can’t Lose Weight. “In addition, it steps up the production of a certain brain chemical, neuropeptide Y, which increases cravings for carbohydrates.” So find a way to take the stress out of your life, or it can prevent you from seeing the results you want. Try yoga, meditation or just plain working out can release some stress.
- Water- Are you drinking enough? Your liver is doing a HECK of a job burning off that fat for you, you need to drink enough water to support it. Water can also suppress your appetite, to keep you from overeating. Next time you feel hungry after you eat, try drinking a glass of water and see if that helps. I always tell my clients, you know you have drank enough water when your urine is clear.
Author: Monica Perry
I’m a metabolic magician, nutrition nerd, exercise expert, and motivation master. I help women get fit quickly with the most food and least exercise.
♥ Holistic Nutritionist
♥ Sports Nutrition Specialist
♥ Personal Trainer
♥ Health and Weight Loss Coach
♥ Behavior Modification Specialist
I’m always researching, looking for loopholes that make losing fat easy… because I believe life is hard enough and getting fit shouldn’t be, ya feel me?
Check out all my diet plans for you 🙂 www.notanotherdietmethod.com/shop
Join my free group